You see, watching a play every night is all well and good, but when you're getting home at 11 after a solid day of being on your feet with an intense foreboding that you have to pull yourself out of bed by 7:30 the next morning, well, writing on the blog comes after snuggling into bed. That has been our life on this trip for the past three nights, and while I desperately want to update you on everything we have done in the past three days, I just want to go to sleep. Right now.
Our three plays were amazing, like, unbelievably so. Tonight, we witnessed children who couldn't be more than seven singing and dancing and wowing us all with their boundless talents in Matilda. Last night, we got to sit as the bourgeoisie of Shakespeare's time would have sat, and watched Antony and Cleopatra. And the night before, we fell in love with puppet horses and their amazingly real, human masters in War Horse. What an unbelievable week this has been, what an unbelievable trip! All I can think of half of the time is "wow, I would never have done this otherwise" and I just feel so fortunate! Hopefully your child does too.
I will return to update you on the winding staircases and beautiful views of Saint Paul's, the shops and nick nacks of Covent Gardens, the changing of the guards, the various beautiful galleries we have visited in London, and my group's run in with Harrods during our free time. As they say in France, bonne unit!
No comments:
Post a Comment